CD Projekt haven’t given the full patch notes yet, but they have given a brief overview of what this patch will include. 1.7 adds a new, optional movement response mode for Geralt, places to stash your loot in various locations across the map and a dedicated tab in your inventory for books (making it easier to find potions).
Here’s the list of some improvements coming in the 1.7 patch:
- A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
- A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player’s map.
- Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
- Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
- Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
- Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be “pinned”, meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
- Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
- A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
- Various improvements to horse behavior.
“Since it’s been all hands on deck working to finish and release this patch on time, we won’t be publishing a free DLC this week (don’t worry – free content comes back next week),” said Marcin Momot on the CD Projekt RED forums. “We hope you understand our decision. We’ve gathered so much feedback from you over the past couple of weeks and we want to implement as much of it as possible. The full change list for the patch 1.07 will be coming later this week. Stay tuned for info about the release of the update itself.”
Some great improvements being made in this patch. Is there anything in particular you are glad they are fixing? Let us know in the comments! For me it is definitely the book tab as I find it annoying having to wave through books to find the item I am looking for.