Sony made the launch date announcement on the PlayStation Blog, alongside the reveal of several collector edition versions of Uncharted 4, which will include books, stickers, figurines and more!
The first of these is simply the Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Special Edition, which will include:
- The Game
- Collectible steelbook case designed by Alexander “That Kid Who Draws” Laccarino
- 48-page hardcover art book by Naughty Dog and Dark Horse
- Naughty Dog & Pirate Sigil Sticker Sheet
- Naughty Dog Points: redeem the points to unlock new multiplayer content and character upgrades.
The other announced edition comes with a lot more. Called the Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Libertalia Collector’s Edition, it includes:
- Everything in the Special Edition above
- A 12″ premium Nathan Drake statue by Gentle Giant
- Three multiplayer outfits: Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Heist Drake and Desert Drake outfits
- Three custom weapon skins: Golden Weapon Skin, Snow Weapon Skin and Desert Weapon Skin
- Henry Avery, Thomas Tew and Adam Baldrige Sigil Ball Caps
- Madagascar Sidekick Outfits
- Phurba Dagger Taunt
- An Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End dynamic theme
There are options for digital buyers too, such as the Digital Standard Edition from PlayStation Store, which has:
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End digital download
- Two multiplayer outfits: Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune and Heist Drake
- Two custom weapon skins: Golden Weapon Skin and Snow Weapon Skin
- The Phurba Dagger Taunt
- Naughty Dog Points
And there is also the Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Digital Deluxe Edition which includes:
- Everything in the Digital Standard Edition
- Desert Drake Multiplayer Outfit
- Desert Weapon Skin
- Thomas Tew and Adam Baldridge
- Uncharted 4 Triple Pack
- Includes future access to the first-ever single-player story add-on for the Uncharted series and two multiplayer packs that will unlock new, rare and legendary multiplayer items
- Instant unlock of two multiplayer customization items
If you have already pre-ordered through the PlayStation Store, you can upgrade easily enough.
The March 18th release date definitely should hep the game with sales, as traditionally that’s the time of the year we are in a bit of a drought, but it does look like companies will be spreading out there releases out a little more over the course of the year from now on, which we can all agree is a good thing.
What are your thoughts on the collector editions? Looking forward to Uncharted 4? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!