The Underground is the first of three DLC expansions to be released for Tom Clancys The Division. The update is coming to PC and Xbox One on Tuesday 28th of June and will release on PS4 on August 2nd.
The update will also bring new gear and weapons to every player for free. Update 1.3 will include several weapon balances, nerfs, and bug fixes. A release date for 1.3 is yet to be confirmed for PS4 due a delay. Check out what’s coming below!
During the Dark Winter crisis, there is a new tide of chaos rising from the underworld of New York City. In this first paid expansion, Underground, dive into the underbelly of New York with up to three friends to save what remains. Explore the randomly generated mazes of subways, tunnels, and sewers to fight deadly enemies and recover powerful loot. Experience an all-new incursion and find the latest weapons, gear and more. Ubisoft will also be simultaneously releasing a free update made available to all purchases of the base game that will include more challenge mode missions and a new level of difficulty for main missions and incursions, the heroic mode.
NEW UNDERGROUND MODE An Underground war rages in the claustrophobic confines of New York’s underbelly! Explore the randomly generated mazes of subways, tunnels and sewers to fight deadly enemies and recover powerful loot. Push yourself and your team further down into never ending and unpredictable end-game content New challenges, new progression and new rewards await beneath the streets of New York. The Underground environment will test players’ combat skills in new ways.
NEW INCURSION: DRAGON’S NEST
The biggest incursion to-date takes place in Hell’s Kitchen. Cleaners have been working on the ultimate weapon to cleanse the streets of New York, regardless of civilian presence. Their plans will affect the Base of Operations if not stopped.
NEW FREE HEROIC MODE
Beat Falcon’s Lost and Clear Sky in the hardest challenge yet in the Division. And for those who have bought Underground, Dragon’s Nest will also be available in this mode.
NEW CHALLENGE MODE MISSIONS AND ITEMS
Experience Hudson Yard and Queen’s Tunnel in challenge mode, for better rewards. This expansion also comes with new gear sets and weapon types.
- SMGs now have increased crit hit damage bonus instead of crit hit chance.
- LMGs are receiving a bonus to increase their damage to targets out of cover by 25%. This will greatly improve the guns ability to “crowd control”.
- Shotguns are getting a stagger bonus against NPCs. Shooting an NPC will cause them to stagger and lose their balance. This will not apply to other players. Shotguns will also receive a buff which scales with the weapons level.
- Assault rifles will receive an enemy armour damage bonus.
- Overall damage dealt by The AUG and Vector weapons is being nerfed by 10%.
- Weapon skills can be recalibrated.
Showstopper (shotgun – fully automatic)
- Talent: Showstopper – The less ammo in the weapon, the better the accuracy.
G36 (assault rifle)
- Talent: Focused – Increased damage when no skills are on cool down.
SVD (marksman rifle)
- Talent: Decisive – Killing a target will make your next shot be an automatic crit hit.
- Talent: Hurried – Each crit hit reduces your next reload time.
Many more changes and features are expected, so keep an eye out here on 4One for the full patch notes.