Teased last week, Star Wars Battlefront will be receiving some free content on top of the Season Pass content which has yet to start rolling out. This time however, we now have an idea of what the season pass will contain, and a few details about the freebies coming your way. Are these the DLC you were looking for?
As detailed by Games Radar, “each of [the season pass’] four packs will be themed around a location from the Star Wars galaxy. First up is the Outer Rim in March, which includes “the factories of Sullust” and a fight inside Jabba’s Palace on Tatooine, just like good old Battlefront 2. Then it’s off to Bespin in the summer for urban battles across Cloud City. The Death Star pack will be completed in autumn.”
As of today, fans of Star Wars Battlefront, whether a season pass holder or not can take advantage of the following free updates:
- The Tatooine Survival map will now support the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes, and is called Raider Camp.
- New Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, both of which will be available to all fans when they play as these two iconic characters on the Hoth – these were unlocked by our players for completing our Heroes’ Holiday community mission last month.
- We are giving players the ability to create Private Matches, which makes playing with friends even easier.
- The introduction of Daily Challenges and Community Events. These are designed to rally the Community around certain goals and objectives, giving players the chance to earn credits and unlocks even faster. We’ll have more news regarding Community Events and Daily Challenges in the days ahead.
- And of course, we are also including some overall balancing tweaks to both weapons and multiplayer modes.
The blog post on the EA forum also details what will be coming in February and March, which says:
“In February, we will continue to add more free content for all players, including a new Survival mission on Hoth, and a brand-new Hoth multiplayer map that will support our larger game modes including Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron and Turning Point. Speaking of Turning Point, we are also excited to make this popular mode available on all maps that currently support Walker Assault and Supremacy in the February update.
In March, we will be adding another exciting new multiplayer map on Endor that will support Walker Assault, Supremacy, and Turning Point, and an additional Tatooine Survival map.”
Below are the patch notes specific to Star Wars Battlefront on PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One for the January update.
Weapon and Star Card changes:
- EE-3 Explosive shot damage decreased from 10 to 4 per shot
- SE-14C Explosive shot damage decreased from 10 to 5 per shot
- Homing Shot lock on time increased from 0.4 to 1.5
- Homing Shot lock on distance decreased by 10 meters
- Homing Shot projectile speed decreased from 30 to 23
- RTC-97 overheat value is increased by 8%
- Bowcaster replenish time tweaked (Normal 18 to 25 and Upgrade 15 to 20)
- Flash Grenade replenish time tweaked (Normal 16 to 20 and Upgrade 12 to 15)
- ION Torpedo replenish time tweaked (Normal 15 to 25 and Upgrade 12 to 20)
- Thermal Detonator replenish time tweaked (Normal 15 to 20 and Upgrade 10 to 15)
- Impact Grenade replenish time tweaked (Normal 16 to 25 and Upgrade 12 to 20)
- Explosive Shot active time tweaked (Normal 7 to 5 and Upgrade 10 to 7)
- Scan Ping recharge time tweaked (Normal 8 to 10 and Upgrade 5 to 8)
- Cycler Rifle bullet dropoff reduced
- Cycler Rifle damage increased from 90 to 100 at close range (10 meters)
- DL-44 overheat tweaked and fire rate changed from 250 to 180.
- Bounty Hunter trait card Level 3 reward percentage lowered from 100% to 85%
- Fully charged (5 shots) Bowcaster damage per projectile decreased from 50 to 15, otherwise (1 or 3 shot) bowcaster damage per projectile decreased from 50 to 10
- ION Torpedo lock on range decreased from 600 to 500 meters
- Smart Rocket lock on range changed from 1000 to 500 meters
- RTC-97 spread is increased when firing for a longer period
- Scan Ping tweaked to have 50% shorter spotting time
- Scan Ping active time decreased from 7 to 2 (is this what the above refers to?)
- Barrage recharge times increased, Normal from 18 to 40 and Upgrade from 15 to 35
- Explosive Shot active time decreased, Normal from 7 to 5 and Upgrade from 10 to 7
- Starfighters pickups have a 20 second respawn delay
- T-47 Airspeeder pickups have a 10 second respawn delay
- Millennium Falcon and Slave I health decreased by 30%
Game Mode Changes:
- Removed a turbolaser on Sullust which could be used for spawn killing
- Turbolaser respawn time has been increased with 15 seconds
- New friend zones and additional spawn points for Supremacy maps
- New friend zones and additional spawn points for Walker Assault maps
- New friend zones and additional spawn points for Turning Point on Jakku
- Bugfix for crashing instantly when spawning in a vehicle on Jakku
- Fighter Squadron hero vehicle pickups have more randomized timing
- Fixed a Heroes vs Villains bug where players could use their cards in pre-round that got corrected by server
- Updated spawn management between big and small game modes
- Reduced the match bonus for Blast from 2000 to 1000
- Reduced the Win bonus for Blast from 750 to 500
- Increased the Match bonus for Hero Hunt from 1000 to 1750
- Reduced the Win bonus for Hero Hunt from 500 to 250
- Reduced score for dealing damage to AI X-Wings and AI TIE Figthers from 20 to 10
- New game mode minimum player count thresholds:
– Walker Assault 20
– Supremacy 20
– Dropzone 4
– Blast 4
– Cargo 4
– Fighter Squadron 4
– Hero Hunt 4
– Droid Run 4
– Heroes Vs Villains 4
– Turning Point 20
- Han Solo weapon damage over distance is lowered. Damage goes from 70 (was 75) to 30 (was 35) between 10 (was 20) and 25 (was 40) meters
- Boba Fett weapon damage over distance is lowered. Damage goes from 30 to 20 (was 25) between 30 and 60 (was 80) meters
- Boba Fett wristlauncher explosion radius decreased from 4 to 2.5, maxiumum damage increased from 1 to 1.2 meters
- Boba Fett missile doesn’t lock on anymore
- Stun inducing attacks now properly trigger stun animation loop
- Fixing an issue where melee’ing at nothing completly stopped your movement
- After the transition from the AT-AT the user screen could remain black, this is now fixed
- Several instances of rocks that players could get stuck on have been fixed
- Speederbike – Inconsistence between the range when you see the prompt button and when you could actually use the vehicle
- Survival weapons behaved differently than MP, now brought in-line
- Jakku – Invisible collision located on the landed Rebel transport ship
- Users with the most kills will now not be prevented from get the Trophy / Achievement ”Playing the objective” in Blast
That’s a lot of updates! Will this add to your Star Wars Battlefront experience?