Star Trek Online has begun rolling out on to consoles in the US, but it won’t be with us in Europe until Friday by the look of things. Star Trek Online is the next in a decent-sized list of Free-to-Play MMOs that have hit the current console generation, and it’s a popular one too. Set a course for installation, ensign. Engage!
Star Trek Online features over 125 episodes through multiple story arcs, featuring content in both space and ground. You begin fighting for The Federation, but later on, you can choose to switch sides and enjoy some Klingon and Romulan story arcs and adventures.
Explore the Star Trek galaxy with hundreds of ships to choose from. Your captain and crew can pilot everything from the classic Enterprise to a Klingon Bird-of-Prey or Romulan Warbird, from cruisers and escorts to science vessels and dreadnoughts.
Recruit, train and mold your crew into an elite force for exploration and combat. Call on your bridge officers to help you in battle, reroute power to shield or weapons and line up your enemy for a devastating broadside or focused cannon barrage.
You can also beam down to planets with your bridge officers or friends for face-to-face confrontations with the enemy. Or team up for elite excursions that only the most skilled of captains can complete. Engage Shooter Mode for directed targeting, or flank your enemy to do more damage. Missions in Star Trek Online will take your captain to planets, starbases, inside starships and beyond!
- Free-to-Play – Experience a triple-A MMO game for free. Play from level 1 to 60 free of charge!
- Adventure in the Final Frontier – Explore strange new worlds and seek out new life and new civilizations in a vast, expanding universe.
- You Are the Captain – Partake in epic space battles and lead away teams across unknown worlds, interacting with allies and battling enemies.
- Choose Your Faction – Fight for the Federation, Romulan Republic, or Klingon Defense Force, each with vastly different ships and tactics.
- Total Customization – Create and customize a Captain from any species in the galaxy, or even make your own! Even your ship can be customized, from color to construction.
Star Trek Online also comes with microtransactions in the form of Zen, which can be purchased for a minimum of $5 and up as far as $200, if you’re a diehard Trekkie. Zen can be used to purchase items in Star Trek Online like ships, cosmetic enhancements, accessories, and much more.