A new patch is coming to the mighty SMITE very soon, adding loads of new content, including skins and a new god, as well as improving current functionality.
Hi-Rez gave the patch details in a video on their Youtube Channel, with Scott “Gandhi” Lussier explaining exactly what the patch contains and how things change.
Here’s a list of the changes on the way:
- Odyssey 2016: In honour of the Smite World Championships, Smite will be having a 14 week long event releasing new content weekly covering all Pantheons.
- Xing Tian, the new badass Guardian god who very much likes to get up in your face, will be added to the roster
- New Skins:
- Kukulkan’s clearly Pokemon inspired Kuku skin (first piece of Odyssey content)
- Ragnarok Fenrir
- Daimyodin Odin
- Spectator mode being updated allowing the ability to change names. Spectators will also be able to see the God Select screen.
- Spectator mode has also been updated to improve performance.
- Jungle practice has been updated for improved visuals to the map and jungle camps. They also include areas where you can reset your current level to level one to test builds, as well as Odin target dummies to test your damage.
- A new training map, which adds Joust and Arena practices, as well as a new Arena Tutorial to help new players got to grips with the game easier. Completion of these will give bonus XP and Favor. These modes may change over time.
- Gods, such as Tyr and Hel, have had some small performance issues when switching stances, but that has been improved on.
Quite a bit on the way, and I for one can’t wait to see what’s on the way. Hopefully that Fenrir costume skin for Ratatoskr will also be coming soon, and if it does he will be the next god I will master. What are your thoughts though? Let us know in the comments!