Psyonix have released a teaser trailer for a new free game mode coming to Rocket League in September. Called Rumble, it looks rather familiar until you see a spring-loaded boot flying across the screen, followed by other wacky contraptions.
Compete in an epic battle royale with random, hilarious power-ups like the Grappling Hook, Tornado, Freezer and more, while also trying to play a game of football as normal.
“Whether you’re equipped with the Haymaker (which punches the ball), the Swapper (which changes your place on the field with an opponent’s), or the Tornado (you’ll just have to see it to believe it), each one of the 11 new power-ups brings an extra dimension to the classic Rocket League formula.”
The complete power-up list includes:
- The Boot (Kicks an opponent’s car)
- Disruptor (Forces your opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you towards the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
- Power Hitter (Allows you to hit everything harder)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball and opposing cars into a giant funnel cloud)
What do you guys make of this? Does it look fun? Does it look silly? Free is always good though!