Rock Band 4 launched at the beginning of October, but it wasn’t without its problems. With the ability to transfer content from last gen to current gen, there are some complexities both in the background, and with licensing. Harmonix address a few of these issues on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Some of the biggest issues discovered by players were the use of songs they already own. This doesn’t include stuff that hasn’t been ‘importable’ as of yet, with the likes of Rock Band 3 export coming in December. Below, you can see some of the issues addressed in the latest Harmonix blog update.
XBOX ONE – LEGACY ROCK BAND DLC BUNDLES (PACKS)
Some of our players have been experiencing issue with our legacy Rock Band DLC bundles (or packs from the legacy Rock Band era) where they were not entitled to download the bundle itself. This has now been fixed on Xbox One! Here’s how it will affect different users:
- If you previously purchased any bundle from legacy Rock Band titles and already re-downloaded the singles within that bundle to Rock Band 4, nothing changes! You are entitled to all singles you have already re-downloaded.
- If you previously purchased any bundle from legacy Rock Band titles but have not yet re-downloaded that content, you are now able to locate the bundle name and re-download the entire bundle in one simplified process (provided that content has been made available as a bundle)!
The blog continues, “As a reminder, if you see any bundles that you have previously (or recently) purchased showing up with a price and prompting you to re-purchase the content, don’t re-purchase! We are continuing to work with Microsoft to make all bundle content available and priced correctly.
For those legacy Rock Band bundles that are not currently available on Xbox One, this can be due to a number of reasons, including expired content within a given bundle or expiration of limited time offers. We continue to establish entitlements for owners of those packs to the available singles on Xbox One – thanks for your patience!”
PLAYSTATION 4 – “NO CONTENT FOUND” DLC (SCEA)
Some users have attempted to download DLC from the in-game Rock Band 4 Music Store. Upon purchase, some have encountered an error screen that says “No Content Found”. We have a temporary workaround while we continue to work on a solution to this issue.
Once you arrive on the “No Content Found” screen:
- Press the PS button on the controller to constrain Rock Band 4
- Press the PS button on the controller to resume Rock Band 4
- Wait for My Downloads (the screen that said “No Content Found”) to refresh
- Scroll through the listed content until you see the song you want to download
- Click the down arrow next to the song to start the download!
There are other issues on the PlayStation front that have been covered on the blog, which you can read up on here. It’s good to see Harmonix actively working away at making things work in their game, rather than leaving fans in the cold, outside the gig.