Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 will have its second free content update arrive this summer, according to a post today by Popcap games, its developer. Trouble in Zombopolis will come in two parts, and the first part has been detailed, which you can see below.
After the first free content update in March, Graveyard Variety Pack, Popcap games are offering tonnes more content for Garden Warfare 2, all for the price of nothing.
“Trouble in Zombopolis: Part One has some incredible new content to play – including the biggest zombie city we’ve ever created: Zombopolis. In the streets of Zombopolis, Dr. Zomboss and the zombies are plotting to build a Mega Zombot that, when charged, may put the fate of plant-kind in grave danger.”
Two new characters will also be introduced in the update this summer, called Toxic Citron and Breakfast Brainz. Toxic Citron must emerge from the shadows of toxicity to save the plants from Dr. Zomboss, but before he does that, he must defeat the watchful bacon-caped crusader – Breakfast Brainz.
Popcap will also be adding over 1,200 new customisation items for you to outfit your plant and zombie heroes however you want. We’re sure we’ll learn more about this in the coming months, perhaps even at E3 next month.
In a nutshell, here’s what the Trouble in Zombopolis Part One update will be bringing:
- Added the new Herbal Assault Map and capital city for the zombies, Zombopolis – now featuring an all-new Mini-Boss Battle
- Added two new characters to collect:
- Breakfast Brainz: He smells as good as he fights!
- Toxic Citron: Rolls into battle with his toxic toxicity!
- Numerous tuning and balancing updates, including improving Sunflowers’ damage output, damage reductions for Electro Brainz and more
- Added a Zany Zombopolis Pack with over 1,200 all-new crazy customisation items
- Added Leaderboard improvements to keep track of your friends’ accomplishments, as well as your own
- Updates to the Boat Blast Mini-Game. Head to the docks in the Backyard Battleground to check out the updates, including the improved Boat Blast Leaderboards: Compete with friends for the highest score in Boat Blast
- Note: you still need to qualify for the Mini-Game by completing the three initial Boat Blast quests
- Added Legendary Background to Legendary Items in the Customisation Menu
- Added item rarity to borders in the sticker book
- Story Quests no longer appear in the Players Quest Log when all Story Quests have been completed
- Allows players to hold two extra Quests
- Added some audio stingers during reloads for some Party Characters
- AI now runs back to defend the flag if enemies are capturing it in Flag of Power Mode
- Added wave number information to HUD between waves
- Legendary Characters get some health back when triggering their Legendary Mode in low health
- Added a bind key on PC for Drone Self Destruct
- Added Aqua Center Quests to Quest Board
A list of bug fixes and upcoming patch notes have been detailed too, including character balancing changes. You can read that in full here.