Chances are if you own a PS4 and are a diehard Metal Gear Solid fan, you’d have wanted to get your hands on the collectors edition of the game. Unfortunately for some however, it does seem to be having a bit of trouble. As if stock shortages, various pre-order cancellations among other things weren’t enough, reports have come in that the package is now missing the DLC code tie-in.
Disappointed customers, who were lucky enough to receive their order early, have taken to Reddit and NeoGAF to display their dissatisfaction having realised that it doesn’t come with the day one DLC codes OR the collectors edition exclusive DLC. For now it does only seem to be the PS4 version of the game that has been affected and retailers have already contacted publisher Konami in order to resolve the issue. Although we won’t know for sure until the game officially launches on all platforms on September 1st. Konami has reacted by sending the missing items out to the retailers, who will in turn forward them on to those affected, we dare say someone may be losing their job over the mix up.
Here’s a quick summary of what could be missing from the collectors edition for PS4:
- Adam-ska special revolver
- Silver personal ballistic shield
- Wetland cardboard box
- Blue urban fatigues outfit
- Metal Gear Online XP Boost
Collectors Edition DLC codes:
- Snake costume pack, containing 4 camouflage outfits for Snake
- Cardboard Box pack, containing 3 cardboard boxes
- Weapons Pack, containing 4 guns and 4 ballistic shields
- Venom Snake Emblem
- Metal Gear Online items, containing the Metal Gear Rex helmet, AM MRS-4 Gold and the WU S. Pistol Gold
- Metal Gear Online XP boost
Frankly this is a pretty bad cock-up as far as dispatching orders go, obviously these things do occasionally happen in the real world but we do feel like more could be being done to ensure it doesn’t. Like a checklist for example, if that isn’t too much to ask.