StoryToys, a leading publisher of kids’ games, books, and educational software for tablets and phones, has announced Leonardo’s Cat, a brain-teasing puzzle game coming soon to iOS devices. This original title, developed by Savage Studios, re-imagines the life of historic thinker and artist Leonardo da Vinci in a lighthearted adventure that draws from his historic works and the rich world of the Renaissance.
It features the voice of legendary actor Sir Patrick Stewart (Star Trek, X-Men film series), as well as writing by Bob Tedeschi (The New York Times) and the design talents of award-winning creator and illustrator Michael Frith (The Muppets, Fraggle Rock).
In Leonardo’s Cat, Leonardo’s latest invention, the Automaton, has been stolen by his devious archrival, Michelangelo. It’s up to Scungilli, da Vinci’s faithful feline companion, to search the ancient town of Amboise for the Automaton, braving ominous obstacles and terrifying traps as he goes. Players must use their wits and an arsenal of da Vinci’s most cunning inventions to solve the complex challenges of each level and collect the stray parts of the world’s first robot. That journey comes to life even further with playful artwork, humorous storytelling, and a wonderfully detailed and atmospheric world inspired by 16th-century France.
- 60 unique puzzle levels across six environments crammed with exploding, crashing, splashing fun!
- Beautifully animated cutscenes featuring Patrick Stewart as the voice of Leonardo da Vinci.
- Lush visuals and a captivating soundtrack inspired by the Renaissance world.
- Incredible inventions, including cannons, catapults and ornithopters!
- Fascinating educational content based on the science, art and other wonders of the Renaissance.
Leonardo Cat’s will be available soon on the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch for $2.99 / €2.99 / £1.99.
[Source: Youtube, Press Release]