Recent findings from an Indonesian certification agency suggest that a new Dualshock 4 controller as well as a PlayStation Move controller are on the way. While further rumours this week already suggest that a new revamped controller is on the way, this just adds further weight to the possibilities.
It’s been a tough few days for Sony as of late, with what started as a potentially fake listing of a PlayStation 4 Slim on an auction site, which turned out to be legit, followed by an unboxing video (below) and then rumours of a new Dualshock 4 controller. Now this news today.
As for the new find from the Indonesian certification agency, which you can view here, it was discovered by Beyond3D user orangpelupa. Features so far discovered on the updated Dualshock 4 include:
- Triggers and buttons feel “more solid,” with better materials.
- Buttons and sticks are exactly the same height as the original DualShock 4 controller.
- The additional light bar doesn’t actually have a light of its own. It’s just a see-through strip on the touch pad that lets the original light shine through.
- The battery is the same 1,000 mHa one used in the current DualShock 4.
- The controller comes with an option to select the communication method with the PS4, between USB and Bluetooth. This option seems to be available only to the new version of the controller, but it does appear on the original PS4 console as well.
With Sony hosting their big PlayStation event in New York on September 7th, we’ll be sure to see an official announcement on the PlayStation 4 Slim, as well as the Neo.