So what’s the take… Well, as many of you know I’m rarely wrong about a game, and going by these reviews MGSV could be the best Metal Gear Solid game to date!
Here’s a list of gaming websites and their scores, so pick out the ones you trust and be as informed as possible before making a decision on whether it’s for you or not. NOTE that these reviews are for the single-player component only, and some will be updated come full release on September 1st to include multi-player.
- IGN – 10/10 – “A gameplay marvel, rewarding intelligence and creativity in a way few games do. “
- GameSpot – 10/10 – “The Phantom Pain may be a contender for one of the best action games ever made, but is undoubtedly the best Metal Gear game there is.”
- Daily Dot – 5/5 – “This is one of those rare instances where marathoning a game series is more meaningful after the latest sequel is released, not before.”
- Destructoid – 9/10 – “Time disappears when this game and I are together, and I never want it to end.”
- EGM – 9.5/10 – “If this is Hideo Kojima’s final game, then he is stepping out at the top floor of the industry.”
- Press-Start – 9/10 – “From the start, I was hooked, despite this being my first foray into the Metal Gear franchise.”
- GameTrailers – 9.3/10 – “Decades later, it’s incredible that Metal Gear can still captivate, inspire, and amaze.”
- GameInformer – 9.25/10 – “A series can’t survive this long without evolving, and The Phantom Pain is a testament to the importance of taking risks.”
Hope these help! If your not sure if it is for you choose a review and give it a read. If you are new to MGS, I’d recommend reading Press-Start‘s review as Raymond Gajitos is also new to the series.
Our own review won’t be until about a week after release, so look forward to that if you want my take on the game!