The rumour was true, and here we get our first look at Marvel vs Capcom 4, as Ryu and Mega Man square up against Iron Man and Captain Marvel. Capcom revealed quite a lot during the PlayStation Experience during the finale of the Capcom Cup, so let’s dig in and Hadouken you with news!
Marvel vs Capcom 4 focuses in on the Marvel Cinematic Universe, so we should expect characters and outfits that closely resemble those we’ve seen on the big screen in the likes of The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, and more. Perhaps even the latest Neflix tv shows if we’re lucky, as there are some good characters in there too.
The trailer reveals the traditional combat we’re accustomed to, with the addition of the Infinity Stones that the MCU is currently set around. Choosing one of the stones will mean you can adapt your gameplay around it and adjust your fighting style.
In addition to single player Arcade, Training, and Mission modes, a visually stunning and immersive cinematic Story Mode will put players at the center of both universes as they battle for supremacy against powerful forces and a new villain. There will also be a deep multiplayer experience both local and online for fight fans to prove themselves in leaderboards.
• Reborn Rivalries: Universes collide once again in this all-new crossover clash for the ages, where players select their favorite Marvel and Capcom characters and engage in accessible and free-form 2v2 team battles, which allow for new gameplay dynamics never-before-seen in the franchise.
• Infinite Power: Choose one of the six powerful Infinity Stones from the Marvel Universe to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone will customize characters with unique abilities and powerful game-changing effects that can quickly turn the tide of battle.
• Iconic Heroes: Select from a diverse roster of fan favorite characters pulled from the Marvel and Capcom Universes, including Captain Marvel and Iron Man from the Marvel side, and Ryu and Mega Man X from Capcom. Many more playable characters will be revealed in the future.
• Cinematic Story: Heroes and villains battle for supremacy in a timeless struggle set in the Marvel and Capcom universes. The original storyline answers the questions regarding the new clash and lets players step into the shoes of classic characters from both sides as they wage war against powerful forces in an attempt to defeat a new villain.
• Accessible Single Player Content: In addition to the cinematic story experience, players can hone their skills in a variety of accessible single player modes, including Training, Mission, and Arcade modes.
• Vast Multiplayer Features: Robust online modes and content including ranked and casual matches, global leaderboards, and online lobbies with spectator mode deepen the overall experience.
• Graphics: Unreal Engine 4 technology pushes the cinematic visuals and next-gen realism into a new era.
Street Fighter V news
As well as Marvel vs Capcom 4, Capcom also had some Street Fighter V news to share, including the reveal of Akuma, joining the roster soon. “Akuma returns to Street Fighter V, displaying his mastery of Ansatsuken and while he has become burlier than previous games, he possesses quick footwork and devastating combos. He has a wide array of destructive tools and is able to completely out-class opponents with his oppressive pressure. His moves and stances often strike poses reminiscent of Buddhist statues and Ukiyo-e paintings.”
As announced at PlayStation Experience, Akuma is coming to Street Fighter V alongside the Holiday Content, B-Boy Ryu and B-Girl Chun-Li. Akuma’s Story, Premium Battle and Nostalgia costumes will also be available when he releases on the 20th of December.