Ark Survival Evolved is one of those games that you will just lose hundreds of hours in if you’re not careful. Similar to Minecraft, it allows you to hunt down animals and crafting materials to further develop your little village, or house, and join a community to evolve together. Great stuff, so it is! A new Xbox One update has arrived this week too!
The new update adds the massive Titanosaur dinosaur which can be equipped with a platform and used as a mobile battle platform. He’s got some neck on him too! A new world is also available called the ‘Redwood Biome’, which is full of trees. Ideal for remakes of Endor with wooden houses and ladders all over the place. Build your dream treehouse today!
A few other improvements have been made, such as a 5% increase in CPU performance and memory saving, making Ark that little bit smoother. The game is also discounted in this week’s Xbox Ultimate Game Sale, so why not check that out here? Please note, the game is still in game preview, but an official launch is just around the corner.
New ARK Content Includes:
- New Item: The Chain Bola ammo for ballista turret! Bring huge creatures to their knees, temporarily, by entangling them in these gigantic metal bolas
- New Item: Gas Mask! Avoid diseases and poisonous gas with this protective breathing apparatus
- New Item: Herbivore “TastyCakes”
- New Structure: Retractable Rope Ladders! Extend or retract these flimsy ladders, good for letting allies onto your ramparts while keeping the enemy out
- New Structure: Tree Sap Taps! Slowly extract valuable syrup from the great redwoods for use in a variety of new recipes
- New Mechanic: Custom Tripwire Alarm Notifications via SurviveTheArk.com (E-mail and Forum). Optionally Tribes can post to arbitrary URL, if they have a custom system! Now if someone’s raiding your base, you can get on top of it!
- GroundClutter effect extended 50% further and +20% more GPU efficiency
- Balled Doed’s are no longer invincible to Tamed Dino melee attacks — now just very, very resistant to them
- Magnifying Glass now displays creature Torpor stats (on Wild creatures too)
- Tribe Alliances now disabled in Offline Raid mode (too complex to determine if anyone in an Alliance is around), C4/Traps can no longer be placed near Offline-Raid Protected Structures, and Offline-Raid mode now forces all Structures to be Lockable so that players can “Lock” Crop Plots to prevent their turrets from being disabled
- New Server option to prevent tribe alliances
- Engagement with Wild Naturally-Fleeing & Small creatures (tiny bugs etc) no longer trigger combat music
- Tamed Dinos that are following a submerged allied Target will not attempt to float to the surface of the water, but rather will attempt to stay at the depth of their allied Target. (helpful when deliberately going deep-diving your tamed land Dinos). However, Dinos that are capable of suffocating will try to surface if they are out of Oxygen regardless!
- Vaults can no longer be dropped onto saddle platforms
- Transfer-All/Drop-All methods now only drop/transfer what is currently disabled in the inventory, respecting any filters/folders you may have active (so for example, if you’re within a folder, it will only transfer those items, or if you have a text filter active, etc)
- Fixed an issue where pillars were not being calculated correctly as foundations when building pillars downwards
- Dedicated Server Save-Backups
- Memory saving & cpu performance increase approximately 5%