Ubisoft yesterday released a patch for Ghost Recon Wildlands on PC, and it arrives today for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The update focuses on improving all areas of the game, from gameplay content to connectivity and stability tweaks.
The patch size will be around 3 GB on consoles and up to 5 GB on PC, depending on your client, and an in-game notification will let you know when it’s available. Players in game will need to reboot the game to apply the patch.
Ghost Recon Wildlands has been selling like hot cakes, and while the draw of an open world co-op experience is enough to pull in a tonne of fans, oddly enough it seems to be a rather fun game for many who choose to play solo. I’ve heard very little negativity surrounding the title, and it seems to be what tactical shooting fans have been craving. We can’t call it a sleeper hit, but an unexpected serious ARMA clone, maybe?
Title Update 2 Patch Notes:
Ubisoft have no problem taking on board the players’ feedback, and have quickly implemented features and adjustments that players have been asking for, which is spot on. You will now have the option to turn off the radios in the game by default, as well as the option to choose the type of vehicle you want to spawn when using the “Drop Vehicle” rebel skill. Now you should have even more tactical options to plan and execute your missions.
We received reports of some players having issues with certain missions in the game. After investigating the causes, we have implemented fixes so they can now have a smooth experience. We also fixed an XP farming exploit related to the “Rebellion Rising” mission, which created interference with the co-op experience.
– Adjusted various missions markers & GPS pathfinding.
– The following missions are now unlocked correctly for players who reported issues:
- * Gold Rush
- * Sueño’s proposition
- * Sandoval Dead body
- * El Cerebro
– Adjusted various mission triggers in order to smoothen the player’s progress and game experience.
– Fixed situations where dialogue and barks would not trigger correctly.
– The following missions are now replayable:
- * El Cerebro
- * Boss missions
- * Sandoval confession
- * Western cocaine cache
– Fixed infinite XP farming exploit on “Rebellion Rising” mission.
– NPCs now exit the vehicle properly in “Stop the Convoy” missions
We implemented various fixes and tweaks related to trophy and weapon packs unlocking. We also fixed an issue related to the Charactersmith model not being positioned correctly. On top of that, players who love to play with the HUD completely hidden will now be able to select the type of intel they want to collect when they interact with files or NPCs.
– Players can now select what intel they want to collect, even with all the HUD options turned off.
– Trophy requirements adjustments:
- * The Champion
- * Eagle-Eyed
- * With a Pistol!
– Fixed some weapon packs not unlocking properly:
- * Underbarrels & Rails Pack
– Fixed Character hiding behind menus in certain situations.
– HUD now updates when XP boosters are activated.
We detected some replication issues during cooperative sessions between players. This patch should provide a more consistent experience between Ghosts sharing the same game session.
– Corrected various replication issues, such as:
- * Paint jobs & attachments not showing correctly in the lobby
- * Rebel Radio explosion not synchronizing
- * Sniper scope glare effect not synchronizing
- * Players seen running beside VHC/bike they should be sitting in
- * Suppressor not synchronizing when removed from a vehicle’s shooting position
- * Burning corpses from systemic events
- * Explosion not replicating if the distance is too high
– The following achievements should now be awarded to all the players in the two missions below:
- * A Better Mousetrap
- * The Cluster Bomber
– Fixed a bug where hits would register with a 0.5-second lag.
– Fixed kick/ban vote notifications.
– Fixed game freezes in 4-player sessions.
We detected and fixed some issues that were causing some player disconnections. The experience should be more solid after the patch.
– Fixed various disconnection bugs.
– Fixed a bug where the user could not reconnect to a previous session.
– Fixed errors when looking for public sessions.
Added fixes and improvements for gameplay-related issues and requests that some players reported.
Players can now select the vehicle they want to spawn when using the “Drop Vehicle” rebel skill.
– Fixed XP awarded when killing an enemy undetected.
– Fixed a bug where sometimes vehicle seats could stay booked after NPC exiting.
– Fixed a bug where the player would take cover too far from certain props.
– Players can no longer teleport to safe houses while being hunted.
– The Medical Helicopter will now spawn correctly in the Tabacal area side-mission.
– Fixed bikes not slowing down in water.
– Fixed flash grenades not stopping detection.
– Fixed an occasional instant game-over when falling off a dirt bike.
– Fixed a bug where sometimes the player could not tag enemies after hot joining.
– Adjusted damage caused by explosives in Arcade difficulty.
– Fixed an issue where sometimes pilots didn’t die after AI helicopter crash.
– Fixed a situation where sometimes vehicles disappeared when driving at high speeds.
We implemented some fixes and improvements related to some audio aspects of the game, as well as the option to mute radios for those players who requested it.
– Added a feature allowing the player to mute every radio in-game.
– Fixed Car radio not functioning in various situations.
– Amplified the radio voice effects to avoid player confusing El Sueño’s voice on the radio and the one of the Ghosts.
– Introduction video mix enhanced.
We focused on fixing various issues in order to provide a solid experience. For stability and performance improvements, see the section below.
– Fixed player models appearing with twisted limbs if they were killed in certain positions.
– Fixed low-resolution textures appearing while aiming/driving.
– Fixed camera clipping through some textures & props.
– Fixed missing textures in certain environments.
– Fixed drone showing blur effect on objects.
– Fixed the textures flickering when using parachute or helicopter.
– Fixed various crashes.
– Fixed an occasional infinite loading screen after validating settings at first launch.
– Fixed various world building glitches.
– Fixed some world parts where the player could get stuck.
PC SPECIFIC IMPROVEMENTS
– Added the SMAA anti-aliasing mode.
– Added a notification for anti-aliasing recommendations in multi GPU setups.
– Addressed a series of issues causing flickering in multi GPU setups.
– Fixed an issue with HUD scaling in 4 monitor multi display setups.
User experience & interface
– Added support to bind Home, End, Insert, Delete, Page Up and Page Down keys.
– Added several menu navigation improvements with mouse and keyboard.
– Added a notification if the video driver is outdated.
– Added a notification when the system is low on free RAM and starts writing to the virtual memory.
– Fixed a HUD issue in co-op for users who have already completed the selected mission.
– Fixed the Pitch icon display when using mouse to steer helicopters.
– Fixed an issue with co-op sharing of systemic activities.
– Fixed the use of Push to Talk in the co-op lobby.
– Changed the Enable Controller default option to Only Gamepads.
– Addressed a number of issues with the Steam Controller icons and functionality.
– Addressed a series of random crashes encountered by users.
– Fixed an issue causing framerate drops when the saving icon was being displayed.
– Fixed an issue where the menu was lagging while running the game on a Hard Disk Drive.
– Solved an issue with VRAM bar update when lowering Resolution scaling.
– Fixed a bug on the Medication Air Transport mission in Tabacal.
– Fixed an issue with character poses in Ansel.
– Solved a controls issue where one couldn’t sprint from crouch or prone position.