Remastered

Home Forums 4-One Discussion Remastered

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Katherine Colthurst Katherine Colthurst 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Rob Pearce

Hey, with a lot of “remastered” titles finding their way onto XboxOne and PS4 I was wondering what past game you’d like to see given a modern makeover. For me I’m going to resist my urges of Call of Duty 4 or Red Dead Redemption (I’d love to see them more than anything but they’re too obvious)and go for either Dead Space and/or Bioshock. Two brilliant games that told a great story in a magnificent setting and completely drew me in.

I want to see a certain Final Fantasy game get a remaster… Final Fantasy IX (no that’s not a typo). As much as I like VII, IX is by far and away my favourite.

I’d also like to see the Vita remaster of Persona 4 arrive on PS4 as well.

As you said, Call of Duty 4 would great. To me it always felt like it had the best balance of any of the Call of Duty games but I’d also be worried that the community has changed so much that it just wouldn’t feel the same.

And one final game, Lost Odyssey. I bought that game twice and never managed to finish it. The first time I bought it, it was missing disc 4. The second time disc 4 was there but it didn’t work. To this day I have no idea how the game ends despite putting over 100 hours into it.

Profile photo of Sean Gearhart
    Sean Gearhart
    Participant

To me, it just makes to much sense to see a remaster of Gears of War 3. Despite the fact that Phil Spencer and Rod Fergusson have stated there will be no “Marcus Fenix Collection”, I still think we’re going to see a Gears 3 remaster at some point. I hope 😉

I can’t really think of any games at this point that would benefit of a remaster.

However, i would play a remake of F.E.A.R with Next-gen graphics for PS4/Xbox One/PC.

I would call it F.E.A.R: Rebirth Edition.

Rob Pearce

I can’t see them not doing a gears revisit either. One of the things I love about the wiiu is that I can play nes games, SNES game or N64 games (albeit a small selection. I’d like to see playstation and Microsoft do similar with their systems by releasing old games (even if it’s not remastered) at a reasonable price. Also I want to see a bomberman title soon.

Sony have done that with the PlayStation 3 and Vita/TV so hopefully they’ll soon be doing the same on PS4. I suppose Microsoft never really got into it because they entered the console game later than the others and don’t have the same retro catalogue but I always wished they had released more of the Xbox originals on 360.

I’d love to see classics from PS1/PS2/Xbox just get re-released as simple ports with trophy/achievement support for €5-10. I’d probably buy loads of them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Fanboy-free news coverage of all current and last gen consoles and PC, discussions, nostalgia and gaming nights.