Game of Thrones banter! (Spoiler free)

Home Forums General Discussion Game of Thrones banter! (Spoiler free)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Rob Pearce 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Fiona Byrne
    Keymaster

Game of Thrones is back in less than two weeks! This is a place to discuss news, episodes etc. Spoiler free, but I have also read the books so maybe we can start another thread for book readers too. Excited for the new season!
    `

I really need to get Sky Atlantic…

Fiona Byrne
    Keymaster

Ok.. I really want to go on the Game of Thrones tour in Belfast. Then I see this!! //www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3017919/Game-Thrones-tour-visits-filming-locations-Spain-Morocco-Malta-Croatia-Iceland-Ireland.html

A luxury tour of ALL filming locations so Belfast Spain, Morocco, Croatia and Iceland. Must remember to start doing the lottery…

Profile photo of Jerry Wise
    Jerry Wise
    Participant

Don’t know if anyone knows this yet but the first four episodes are already out and available to stream or download. Already watched them this morning.

Rob Pearce

Ive just finished S1 :O I should have watched from the start. ive got 3 weeks off work coming up so I can see a GoT marathon happening 🙂

Fiona Byrne
    Keymaster

I was away when you replied Rob. Hope you’re enjoying so far 😀

Rob Pearce

Series one finished but Sky have removed the other series from “on demand”. Decided to buy the box asset so I can catch up before the next series next year. loving it so far although I have to close the curtains because I have no net curtains and my tv is quite large so all those …. graphic scenes are very easy for the outside world to see lol. I was very aware of the school kids coming out of school opposite my house lol

Rob Pearce

btw how do you feel about the TV series moving away from what happened in the books?

Fiona Byrne
    Keymaster

Some of the changes are fine. But there were a few scenes that I was expecting to be epic that just kind of fell flat for me because of changed or missing dialogue. Changes in names seemed unnecessary and I was sad at some of the extra deaths. I also feel some of the storylines were moved along a little too fast. That it kind of felt disjointed at times. I still love the show though, and will keep watching. Would prefer to read the next book before the next season but there’s nothing I can do about that! And there’s no way to avoid spoilers unless I avoid the internet completely so that’s not going to happen haha.

Rob Pearce

The extra deaths I just don’t understand at all. I can live with going away from the plot but the characters are still for me an essential part of the overall world/story that should be respected.i wonder at times if they reach a point where they feel they must rap up a particular story line as ive noticed a couple of occasions where it just feels rushed a bit.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

One comment

Fanboy-free news coverage of all current and last gen consoles and PC, discussions, nostalgia and gaming nights.