EA have released a new patch for FIFA 16, which started heading onto the pitch as of yesterday evening. In the patch, they addressed a number of issues, focussing on issues raised by the fans. You can find all the details below, followed by a video describing the changes.
“We want to make FIFA 16 a fun experience for all, so we have taken all the feedback and prioritized it in four key areas where you told us you want to see improvements:
- Penalties and referee decisions
- Defensive pressure
- Player positioning
With that, we are announcing and deploying a number of changes to make FIFA 16 more balanced and responsive in gameplay. These changes are in addition to tuning to passing featured in the last update. This latest title update is now available on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One:
- Improvements to the Rules and Physics systems to have better referee decisions and help address penalty decisions.
- Behavioral changes in ‘Secondary Contain’ and ‘Interceptions’ to help balance high-pressure situations.
- Improvements in how quickly fatigue effects occur for players using ‘Aggressive Interceptions’ and ‘Secondary Contain’. This could, in turn, have an impact on your ability to apply high pressure as the game progresses and your players become increasingly fatigued.
- Instances where no auto tackle launched even when positioned properly.
- Improvements in the positioning system to allow for better attacking runs and support.
In addition to the above, we have made minor changes to attribute boosts provided by Chemistry in FIFA Ultimate Team, which affects passing, interceptions, and long shots.”
[Source: EA Sports]