In a rather unexpected turn of events, Fallout 4 will be influencing Rock Band 4 this December, when Rock Band receives its big holiday update. As of December 8th, players will be able to rock out in an assortment of Fallout outfits, including the iconic Vault dweller piece, Pipboy included!
“Rock Band’s character creator has always provided our players a way to live out their rock and roll fantasies, and we’re excited Rock Band 4 allows us to expand those fantastic possibilities by adding new assets to it, highlighted by the Vault 111 Suit. I’ve been a Fallout fan since the beginning. Playing some of the amazing songs in our Rock Band catalog with a band of Vault dwellers is something we think you’ll find is crazy fun” said Harmonix CEO Steve Janiak.
It’s not the first time that Harmonix have been involved in game crossovers either. In Dance Central Spotlight for the Xbox One, Gearbox allowed the use of Claptrap as a selectable character. In Rock Band, you could download Portal’s ‘Still Alive’, which was written by Jonathan Coulton and played during the credits of the hugely popular puzzle game.
Coming in the December Rock Band 4 update is:
- Score challenge features – This is a whole suite of features that is designed to leverage the competitive heart of the game:
- In-game notifications of leaderboard events: Find out at the moment you pass a friend’s score with an all-new in-song indicator.
- Activity feed: This is a main menu log of your leaderboard events and that also allows you to quickly jump to a track to regain your dominance.
- Taunt system from the results screen: Let your friends know you beat their score by sending them a selectable randomized Taunt message. This taunt will appear in his or her Activity Feed.
- Improved Calibration – thanks to your feedback, we’ve implemented some significant improvements. PLEASE NOTE that these changes require you to recalibrate.
- Variable Breakneck Speed – One of the most requested features from the hardcore competitive community, Variable Breakneck Speed will allow players to individually set the Breakneck Speed of their tracks for the first time in a Rock Band title – up to 2.5X this time!
- Full Combo Recognition & Indicator – The “Full Combo” (a perfect streak, no notes missed or additional strums/hits from start to finish) is one of the competitive player’s greatest achievements. Rock Band games haven’t kept track of this impressive feat in the past, and that all changes with this update. The game will now celebrate and track your FC success, and a subtle new in-song indicator will allow you to know if you’re still on track for an FC or if you’ve broken your streak. We also now indicate FC runs on the leaderboards.
- More Song Results details – leaderboard info, plus detailed gameplay statistics will now be shown on the song results screen.
- Player Stats – Want to know where you stack against your friends online? Access this new Player Stats screen from anywhere in the game to get a detailed overview of your complete Rock Band gameplay statistics, including cumulative scores, stars, and more.
- New Items in the Rock Shop – we’ve got a handful of new assets in the Rock Shop, including one that celebrates a recent (and very awesome) game launch from a studio that we love.
- Auto-kick mode – One of the most requested Accessibility features, this toggle will allow you to play drum parts by hitting the drum pads only while we automatically hit kick drum notes. This will be available as a toggle in the Options menu.
[Source: Youtube, Harmonix]