While for many, this news might not be the latest, but for those still looking into buying The Elder Scrolls Online, it’s worth warning you about a niggling annoyance when it comes to the Crown Store and purchasing of items. They don’t migrate between the EU and North American server when you switch over.
We were already aware of the problem regarding migrating your main character between servers, ie it doesn’t work. While this may be the case for a lot of MMOs on the market, it’s worth noting if you’re new to the genre, and have friends across both servers, and wish to jump back and forth to play with different friends or guilds. You need to create a new character to play on each server, basically.
Brought to our attention last night via a fan on our Facebook page, it appears that items purchased through the Crown store, the in-game marketplace to buy additional content to speed up your shopping spree, that content purchased doesn’t unlock on the other server if you switch over. What we learned from the Elder Scrolls Online blog is that this has been known since May of this year, and fans there have been complaining that the Crowns account may change to reflect what you have left in your main server, and appears the same in the other servers, minus the items and purchases.
So, for example, if you buy an animal companion to match the look of your level 20 character on the EU server, and then switch accounts in the evening to play with your NA friends, your Crown total will remain intact, but your companion creature will be missing, and you will be required to buy it again to have it on both. No thank you.
What concerns us is the fact that the Imperial City DLC will be coming to PC/Mac on August 31st, Xbox One on September 15th, and PlayStation 4 on September 16th, and whether this DLC will be available on both servers is up in the air for us. We would like to imagine that it will be available across both servers when purchased, but going by the Crowns purchases stated above, we wouldn’t be too confident. We could be wrong, but we will be contacting Bethesda/Zenimax for confirmation on this one.
The Imperial City DLC will come with a patch that fixes a lot of issues with The Elder Scrolls Online, which you can find here, as well as all these added features;
- All content is available to players that are level 10 and up
- A brand new PvP/PvE space, including the six Imperial City Districts
- New quests and key characters within the Imperial City
- One new Imperial City PvP Public Dungeon: The Imperial Sewers
- Two new PvE Imperial City group dungeons with Normal and Veteran versions: White-Gold Tower and Imperial City Prison
- The Tel Var Stone system
- 23 completely new Veteran Rank 16 item sets, only available in Imperial City
- Treasure Vaults that contain new Veteran Rank 16 set jewelry and a chance for even rarer finds
- Xivkyn racial motif style
- New collectibles only available in Imperial City (pets, polymorphs, and a costume)