“It’s time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I’m all out of gum.” Duke Nukem is making a modern day return to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, confirms Gearbox Software. Announced at PAX West which is taking place this weekend, Duke Nukem 3D will feature re-recorded dialogue from the Duke himself, Jon St. John.
Duke Nukem 3D is a classic shooter from 1996. Sure, shooters have come a long way since then, and we’re not talking about the horrible disaster that was Duke Nukem Forever. No. But with epic one-liners and the odd bit of nudity, it was a great game, but a really solid shooter. Puzzles to find, awesome weapons, shrinking rays and big nuke buttons to press. It was glorious. and it’s coming back for another World Tour!
Blast your way through hordes of ugly aliens in four classic Duke Nukem 3D episodes plus an additional all new fifth episode from the game’s original episode designers with new music from the game’s original composer and new Duke Talk from the original voice of Duke Nukem!
• ALL-NEW Episode FIVE, created by the original episode designers, Allen Blum III and Richard “Levelord” Gray!
• New, bonus content in Episode 5: Duke Nukem finally gets an INCINERATOR to roast new “Firefly” enemies!
• New “Duke Talk” plus high-fidelity re-recordings from Duke Nukem’s original voice actor, Jon St. John!
• New musical score for Episode 5 created by Duke’s theme song author and original game composer, Lee Jackson!
• Original 1996 source code and “2.5D” engine re-mastered in True 3D for Xbox One, Playstation 4 and Windows 10!
Unfortunately, it’s coming out on the awkward date of October 11th, right in the thick of the holiday release rush of all of this year’s big hitters. Will it find its way onto your shopping list? Were you a massive Duke fan back in the day?