It was rumoured for some time, but today at the Paris Games Week, Sony and Evolution Studios confirmed the Bikes standalone expansion for DriveClub. Can we change the name to RideClub from now on? No? Ok.
“We’re massive racing fans at Evolution,” says Jamie Brayshaw, community manager for the studio, “and we love the challenge and the thrill of superbike racing, but we’ve always wanted to make them more approachable and fun, whilst still retaining the depth of control and authenticity you’d expect from us. With DRIVECLUB BIKES we think we’ve accomplished that, so that everyone can enjoy riding these breath-taking superbikes.”
The incredible speed and superb agility of high-performance superbikes offers a completely new way to race, and as always with DRIVECLUB, there’s a lot to play for, whether you ride offline or online with your club.
12 of the world’s best superbikes: Featuring bikes from top manufacturers including Yamaha, Ducati, Kawasaki, Honda, BMW and more.
- Full BIKES Tour campaign: We’ve designed a new game mode and loads of events to help you get to grips with bikes and ultimately challenge you to master every superbike in the game.
- Unlimited Challenges: Create and compete in new challenges to show off and test your speed, agility and skills with bikes.
- Personalised events: Create your own events on any track, in any mode, at any time and with near limitless weather conditions.
- Multiplayer racing: Take advantage of the extra space on every track with opportunities to overtake on every corner in heated wheel to wheel action.
- Customisation: Personalize your bikes and your rider, including paint jobs, rider leathers and custom helmets.
- Clubs: Everything you do in DRIVECLUB BIKES contributes to the success of your Club, unlocking new rewards, accolades, customisation and challenges.
You can buy DRIVECLUB BIKES starting today from PlayStation Store as a standalone game for £14.99/€19.99. If you’re already a DRIVECLUB member, you can add on DRIVECLUB BIKES at a discount for £12.99/€14.99.
[Source: PlayStation blog]