There’s no date set in stone for the release of The Division’s 1.4 system-overhauling update, but it is expected next month. Massive are completely changing how we play the end-game content for the better in an attempt to revive what could have been the game of the year. Here’s what we know so far – and it’s a lot.
A user over at r/TheDivision has been working alongside his team as they attempt to data mine as much information as possible from the game’s new PTS.
Weapon Scaling Changes:
- G36 family scaling factor reduced from 1.4 to 1.33. (-5% reduction)
Light Machine Guns
- RPK-74 family scaling factor increased from 1.15 to 1.25. (+8.6% increase)
- M60 family scaling factor increased from 1.24 to 1.6. (+29% increase)
- L86 family scaling factor increased from 1.35 to 1.45. (+7.4% increase)
- Px4 family scaling factor increased from 1 to 1.25. (+25% increase)
- M9 family scaling factor increased from 1.2 to 1.32. (+10% increase)
- X45 family scaling factor decreased from 1.9 to 1.14. (-40% decrease)
- Scar-H family scaling factor increased from 3.5 to 4.5. (+28.5% increase)
- SVD family scaling factor reduced from 4.05 to 3.85. (-5% decrease)
- M1A family scaling factor reduced from 6.2 to 4.0. (-35.5% decrease)
- SRS family scaling factor increased from 6.5 to 7.8. (+20% increase)
- M44 family
- Custom M44 scaling factor increased from 7 to 8.4. (+20% increase)
- Classic M44 scaling factor increased from 8 to 9.2. (+15% increase)
- Hunting M44 scaling factor increased from 8 to 9. (+12.5% increase)
Sub Machine Guns
- SMG-9 family scaling factor reduced from 1.3 to 1.04. (-20% decrease)
- Burst MP5 scaling factor increased from 1.35 to 1.5. (+11% increase)
- Other MP5 scaling factor reduced from 1.35 to 1.1. (-18.6% decrease)
- PP-19 family scaling factor reduced from 1.45 to 1.1. (-24.2% decrease)
- AUG family scaling factor reduced from 1.45 to 1.16. (-20% decrease)
- Vector family scaling factor reduced from 1.45 to 1.16. (-20% decrease)
- MP7 Scaling factor reduced from 1.45 to 1. (-31.1% decrease)
- T821 family scaling factor reduced from 1.5 to 1.15. (-23.4% decrease)
The following weapon talents have been changed to be a flat value at all items levels:
- Accurate: Accuracy bonus reduced from 45-48% to 25%
- Adept: Critical hit chance set from 7.5-9% to 9%, duration increased from 5 seconds to 15 seconds
- Brutal: Headshot damage from 23.5%-25% to 12%
- Capable: Duration increased from 12.5-14s to 15s, handling bonus reduced from 50% to 25%
- Commanding: Bonus duration increased from 18-19.5% to 20%
- Competent: Weapon damage reduced from 12.5-14% to 10%, duration increased from 10 seconds to 15 seconds.
- Coolheaded: Skill cooldown reduction reduced from 5-6.5% to 5%
- Deadly: Critical hit damage bonus reduced from 25-28% to 15%
- Destructive: Enemy armor value reduced from 17-18.5% to 15%
- Fierce: Critical hit chance bonus reduced from 7.5-9% to 5%
- Harmful: Bleed chance increased from 12.5-14% to 15%
- Intense: Burn chance increased from 13% to 25%
- Meticulous: Refill chance increased from 22.5-24% to 25%
- Prepared: Damaged bonus increased from 12.5-14% to 15%, required range from 40 meters to 30 meters
- Provident: Bonus damage increased from 55-58% to 60%
- Proficient: Bonus critical hit chance increased from 45-48% to 50%
- Predatory: Health on kill increased from 12.5-14% to 50%, duration increased from 5 seconds to 20 seconds.
- Responsive: Damage bonus increased from 12.5-14% to 15%
- Stable: Stability bonus reduced from 45-48% to 35%
- Steady: Duration changed from 6.5-8 seconds to 8 seconds
- Talented: Skill power bonus increased from 7.5-9% to 15%, duration increased from 14 seconds to 20 seconds
- Toxic: Blind chance increased from 12.5-14% to 15%
- Unforgiving: 1 missing segment from 9-10% to 10%, 2 segments from 22-24% to 25%
- Vicious: Critical hit chance bonus reduced from 12.5-14% to 10%, requirements changed from full health to greater than 2 segments.
The following talents have not been modified:
Attribute requirements for weapon talents have changed at the following levels:
- Item Level 30 (GS 163)
- Old Range: 1301 / 1734 / 2167
- New Range: 1355 / 1806 / 2258
- Item Level 31 (GS 182):
- Old Range: 1418 / 1890 / 2363
- New Range: 1512 / 2015 / 2519
- Item Level 32 (GS 204):
- Old Range: 1548 / 2064 / 2580
- New Range: 1874 / 2499 / 3123
- Item Level 33 (GS 229):
- Old Range: 1695 / 2260 / 2825
- New Range: 2324 / 3099 / 3873
- Mitigation cap has been reduced from 75% to 60%.
- The formula for mitigation has changed. Armor caps can be hit with the following stats:
- World Tier 1: 4,920
- Formula is: Armor / 8200
- World Tier 2: 7,658
- Formula is: Armor / 12764
- World Tier 3: 9,326
- Formula is: Armor / 15543
- World Tier 4: 11,565
- Formula is: Armor / 19276
- Not a change, but here are the following caps on other forms of damage reduction:
- Protection from elites: 20% cap
- Exotic Damage Resistance: 95%
- All damage resistance: 90%
Ammo capacities have been increased for players at level 30:
- Assault Rifle: increased to 1080 from 540
- LMG: increased to 1200 from 600
- MMR: increased to 160 from 80
- Shotgun: increased to 192 from 9
- SMG: Increased to 1200 from 600
- Skill power is now calculated as (electronics * 30) + SP on gear.
- Changed the scaling for gear item level. The lowest attribute low of a higher gearscore item will now always be higher than the previous tier.
- Scavenging has been removed from the game.
- Gear sets have been substantially rebalanced. Refer to the gear set section below for updates.
Gear Set Updates
- Please note that only changes to the sets are listed below.
- Set Bonus (2): +20% Stability
- Set Bonus (3): +10% Enemy Armor Damage
- Set Bonus (2): +30% Increased Aiming Accuracy
- Set Bonus (4): Talent Unlock: Sentry’s Call: Headshots using semi-automatic weapons mark the enemy, increasing the damage inflicted on the target by 5% for a duration of 30 seconds each. A target can receive up to three marks.
- Set Bonus (4): Talent Unlock: Tactician’s Authority – Every bullet your group hit enemies with adds .2% skill power to you for a max of 30% bonus. Bonus disappears after 10 seconds of not being updated or after 10 seconds at full power.
- Set Bonus (2): +20% health on kill
- Set Bonus (3): Health can regen past the first health segment.
- Set Bonus (4): Talent Unlock: Path of the Nomad: When receiving fatal damage, you are instead healed to full health. Can occur once every 4 minutes.
- Set Bonus (2): +5% Rate of Fire
- Set Bonus (2): +20% Optimal Range
- Set Bonus (3): +20% Headshot Damage
- Set Bonus (4): Talent Unlock: Hunters Faith:Hitting an enemy with a bullet grants you and your group temporary protection. The further your shot, the more protection. Each group member’s protection disappears after getting hit by one hostile bullet.
- Set Bonus (4): Talent Unlock: Final Measure: Automatically defuse enemy grenades and mortars in range. Can occur once every 4 seconds.
- Set has remained the same from 1.3.
- Set Bonus (2): +100% Health Regen
- Set Bonus (3): +5% Weapon Damage
- Set Bonus (2): +100% Blind/Deaf Resistance
- Set Bonus (3): +10% Pulse Crit Hit Damage
- Set Bonus (4): Currently Disabled.
- Set Bonus (2): +40% Initial Bullet Stability
- Set Bonus (3): +20% Marksman Rifle Critical Hit Damage
- Set Bonus (4): Talent Unlock: DeadEYE: When zoomed, Marksman rifles lose headshot bonus but gain 100% critical strike chance.
- Set Bonus (2): +3 Incendiary grenade capacity
- Set Bonus (3): +50% Flame Turret Range, +30% Flame Turret Damage
- Set Bonus (4): Talent Unlock: FireCrest: Your damage is increased by 15% against burning targets.
Light Machine Guns
- Set Bonus (4): Currently Disabled.
The following gear talents have been changed to be flat at all item levels:
- Tenacious: Damage increased changed from 9-10% to 10%
- Forceful: Armor bonus increased from 12.5-14% to 15%
- Rapid: Healing skill cooldown reduction increased from 12.5-14% to 15%
- Reckless: Increased damage done increased from 12.5-14% to 15%, increased damage taken increased from 10% to 15%
- Robust: Armor bonus reduced from 45-48% to 30%
- Inventive: Skill power bonus increased from 12.5-14% to 15%
- Specialized: Skill power bonus from firearms and stamina increased from 15% to 200%
- Technical: Skill power bonus increased from 12.5-14% to 15%
- Astute: Critical hit chance bonus reduced from 9-10% to 5%
- Cunning: Critical hit chance bonus changed from 9-10% to 10%
- Decisive: Pistol headshot bonus damage increased from 25% to 35%
- Savage: Critical hit chance bonus reduced from 12.5-14% to 10%
- Sturdy: Armor bonus has been increased from 12.5-14% to 15%, time in cover requirement reduced from 10 seconds to 4 seconds.
The following gear talents have not been modified:
- Unless specifically mentioned all skill mods inherent changes from the base skill
- Specific skill effect changes are not included as they cannot be datamined
- Since skill power scaling was drastically scaled, changes in modifiers do not give a 1:1 comparison in terms of effectiveness at any skillpower
- Many skills, for example turret and seeker mine have changed in ways greater than described here
- Base Duration increased from 17.5 to 25 seconds
- Crit Chance modifier decreased from .1 to .06
- Crit Damage modifier decreased from .2 to .06
- Crit Chance modifier increased from .05 to .06
- Crit Damage modifier decreased from .125 to .06
- Crit Chance modifier decreased from .125 to .06
- Crit Damage modifier decreased from .250 to .06
- Self heal modifier increased from 550 to 1000
- Ally heal modifier increased from 550 to 1000
- Self heal modifier increased from 550 to 750
- Ally heal modifier increased from 550 to 1500
- Base cooldown reduced from 60 seconds to 45 seconds
- Self heal modifier increased from 550 to 1500
- Ally heal modifier increased from 550 to 750
- Self heal modifier increased from 440 to 900
- Ally heal modifier increased from 600 to 900
- Heal rate (hp/tick) modifier buffed from 30 to 50
- Lifetime reduced from 30 to 20
- Station health increased from 400 to 800
- Support station lifetime gear mod removed
- Revive time reduced from 5 to 3 seconds
- Lifetime reduced from 24 to 16 seconds
- Heal rate increased from 24 to 60
- Added .9 PVP damage multiplier
- Increased cooldown from 50 to 90 seconds
- Increased cooldown from 70 to 105 seconds
- Radius reduced from 8m to 6m
- Cooldown increased from 45 to 50 seconds
- Formula for turret has changed drastically making the changes difficult to describe
- Increased damage modifier from 1000 to 2000
- Reduced explosion radius from 6m to 5m
- Increased health from 150 to 300
- Reduced cooldown from 70 to 50
- Increased damage modifier from 300 to 600
- Increased damage modifier from 300 to 600
- Doubled the health across all mods
- This was through a multiplier, not changing the base health value
- Cooldown decreased from 45 to 40
- Cooldown reduced from 60 to 40
- Reduced damage resistance factor
- Removed damage multiplier
- Added stability effect
- Blast Shield
- Added in proper skill scaling for damage
- Damage min modifier set at 500
- Damage max modifier set at 2500
- The maximum required DZ rank for items sold by DZ vendors has been reduced to 80 from 90.
- PVP damage scaling increased from .48 to .4 (reverting to the pre-1.3 PVP damage multiplier).
- Sticky bomb has a 0.9x scaling vs players in the DZ.
- Heroic mode has been removed from all activities with the exception of incursions.
- Selectable world tiers are available at agent level 30.
- XP multiplier: 1x
- Enemy NPC Level: 30
- GS Drop Pool of 163
- XP multiplier: 1.12x
- Enemy NPC Level: 31
- GS Drop Pool of 182
- Unlocks Challenge Difficulty and Incursions
- XP multiplier: 1.24x
- Enemy NPC Level: 32
- GS Drop Pool of 204
- XP multiplier: 1.36x
- Enemy NPC Level: 33
- GS Drop Pool of 229
- A buyback option has been introduced. The last 10 items sold are available to buy back if sold.
- Vanity Item Inventory space has been increased to 8000 items from 600.
- XP generated once a player has reached level 30 continues to accumulate. Filling the experience bar will grant a bonus item cache.
- New Crafting Recipes have been added (most are found in the DZ):
- Added ability to report players from the user interface.
- Added PC option for Aim Assistance
- Added option for Automatic Group Refill. This option will automatically matchmake if a party member leaves a matchmaking group.
- The ability to lock items has been added.
- An icon has been added to items to indicate that they have had stats recalibrated.
- The UI formula for DPS has been changed.
Thanks to Reddit User SpyDr101 for sharing the changes!