When games add in festive updates for the Holidays, you can’t help but show appreciation for the developer’s creativity, and for their effort in going the extra mile. Counter Strike GO is no exception.
The Winter patch will add a few new features, a gun, and Christmas jumper-wearing chickens. I’d settle for just the chickens alone, as I’m sure you will too, but read up on the rest of what’s coming below, and see the official list here.
– Slight adjustments to Holiday Cheer.
– Gifts are now available for purchase. Gift leaderboards will be displayed until January 15th.
– Added the Revolver Case.
– Added several new community sticker capsules, currently available as offers.
– Added Service Medals for 2016. Players achieving Global General rank after December 31st will receive the new year’s medal.
– In Competitive Matchmaking times are now 1:55 and 0:40 for round and C4, respectively. These are also the new times for CSGO Major Championships.
– Adjusted recovery time on the AK47, M4A4, and M4A1-S assault rifles to reduce the range at which spraying is preferable to tapping/bursting.
– Increased move inaccuracy on pistols: Elites, Fiveseven, Glock, P2000, P250, Tec9, USP, CZ75a.
– Added team timeouts to Competitive Matchmaking, which can be called with a vote. Default is 60 seconds, set by mp_team_timeout_time.
– Added new Killer Replay to Casual and Demolition modes. GOTV must be active on the server to enable the feature.
– Menu option Help/Options->Game Settings->Automatic Killer Replay will turn replay off.
– Several convars are available to customize the Killer Replay. Search for ‘replay’ in the console for a complete list.
– Game servers and GOTV relays not logged in to a persistent game server account with a Game Server Login Token (GSLT) will only allow clients to connect from the same LAN.
– Community servers can now be only connected by their real public IP or their internal RFC1918 address.
– To create a GSLT, visit the GSLT creation utility here: //steamcommunity.com/dev/managegameservers
– Each GSLT is restricted for use on one dedicated server instance only, and should be passed on command line with +sv_setsteamaccount THISGSLTHERE -net_port_try 1
– Added an option to report servers for misrepresenting players’ inventory and/or rank.
– Game servers will now display their SteamID to an operator’s status request in the server console.
– Game servers with GOTV enabled and GOTV relays that need to support external clients connecting on GOTV port must set tv_advertise_watchable 1
[Source: PC Gamer]