Last night, Bandai Namco released a trailer, announcing a new retro Power Rangers beat ’em up for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Mega Battle is a re-imaging of the classic multiplayer beat-em-up. It’s due for release in January 2017.
Level up your rangers, team up with friends, summon the Megazord, and fi ght your way through levels stylized after classic Mighty Morphin Power Rangers episodes!
- Classic Power Ranger DNA Intact: Morph, use weapons & martial arts, and summon the larger-than-life Megazord!
- Intuitive and Deep Battle System: Includes light, heavy, weapon and projectile attacks. Players will be able to integrate weapon strikes into different combo strings!
- Leveling and Customization: Players can level-up and unlock new moves, attacks and weapons.
- Unloackable Characters: Unlock Tommy Oliver in his Green & White Ranger costumes as well as the human characters Rocky, Aisha, Adam & Kat from MMPR season 2!
- Nostalgic: Each level is based on a classic episode from the TV series. The levels are filled with familiar dialogue, background details, cut scenes, and enemies pulled straight from the first two seasons of the show!
It’s unknown how much the game will cost, but it certainly has a 20-30 quid look to it. It looks like a return of the SNES/Genesis or Megadrive version from back in the day, doesn’t it?