Gears of War 4 turns 10 next week, and with Gears of War 4 now with us, The Coalition want to celebrate it with the dedicated fans around the world. To kick it all off, there will be a 10th Anniversary card pack which will only set you back 200 credits, and in it, you can unlock one of the younger Carmine characters.
Gary Carmine, who appeared in the first Act of the Gears 4 campaign is ready for
death duty, sir! Save up some credits and try find him in one of the of 10th Anniversary card packs. The pack goes live on November 7th, this coming Monday, and includes a wealth of cool items that will be available for one week only, so keep playing until you unlock all of the content below.
Obtainable exclusively through gameplay, each 200 Credit pack contains one 10 Years of Gears customization item, one 10 Years of Gears Emblem or bounty, and a random card from the Gears of War 4 Launch Series of Cards. The full list of content can be found below:
- Gary Carmine Character
- Anthony Carmine Longshot
- Benjamin Carmine Gnasher
- Clayton Carmine Lancer
- 10 Years of Gears Lancer
- 10 Years of Gears Hammerburst
- 10 Years of Gears Retro Lancer
- 10 Years of Gears Markza Mk. 1
- 10 Years of Gears Enforcer
- Gary Carmine Emblem
- 10 Years of Gears Emblem
- 5 Bounties, each themed to a Gears of War game
As well as that, two community events will also go live, events that the Gears community should be very familiar with…
- One Shot, One Kill, the ultimate fan-favorite special event with a new Gears of War 4 This sniping-focused mode spawns you only with a Longshot – but now the EMBAR is available for pickup on the battlefield to change the game. Now is the time to go for those collateral headshots!
- Gnashers-Only King Of The Hill returns to Gears of War, bringing with it a gib-filled carnage of objective-driven, close-quarters combat. Your trusty Gnasher is your only friend as you battle to control the hill.
Last but not least, The Coalition are also making some changes to the card packs prices, unlocks and XP gain in multiplayer on Gears of War 4. Going forward, losing match credit payout will be much closer to winning match payouts. Sometimes you just have one of those nights where you can’t win, and The Coalition want you to be able to look forward to still unlocking card packs at a decent rate.
Bounties will vary in their challenges too, meaning much harder challenges will pay out more XP, while easier challenges will still offer a decent payout making them worth trying to accomplish.
Another great change is that even Horde Boosters and Versus Boosters will begin to unlock customization items. Previously, you had to buy a 1,000 credit Operations Pack or a whopping 3,500 Elite Pack to get gun and character skins, but now the lowly 400 credit packs will offer some emblems, skins and whatnot.
- Versus Boosters now contain one guaranteed customization item and four Bounties. One Bounty has a chance to be a second customization item.
- Horde Boosters now contain one guaranteed customization item, four Horde Skills and a chance for a Horde Skill to be a Horde Bounty
- Operations Packs now contain two guaranteed customization items
[Source: Xbox Wire]