Street Fighter Alpha 3 fans must be in their element this week, as not only has Rainbow Mika been announced for a return in Street Fighter V, but now Capcom have revealed Karin at this week’s Tokyo Games Show!
“Karin is the young heiress to the Kanzuki Zaibatsu, a global financial conglomerate that possesses vast wealth and resources. Her regal and pampered upbringing is what led to her high-maintenance attitude and razer-sharp wit. But behind her flowing golden locks lies a true martial artist obsessed with upholding her family motto, “In all things be victorious!” Karin is well versed in numerous martial arts, which she and her family combined to create a unique “Kanzuki style” of fighting.” reads the Capcom-unity blog reveal.
Karin, like Rainbow Mika, only featured in one previous Street Fighter title, of which there were many, and in Capcom’s popular character poll two years ago, Karen featured in seventh. Not bad going, girl!
As well as that, Capcom have also revealed the Capcom Fighters Network, which will allow you to keep up with all things Street Fighter and Capcom titles, as well as news and tournament announcements.
Here is a list of some of the things that you’ll be able to do in-game via CFN:
- See where battles are happening all over the world on a “heat map”
- View player profiles and detailed match statistics
- Designate “rivals” throughout the world and monitor their performance
- Register friends and follow your favorite players
- Search and watch replay files
- Send online battle invitations
- Check out the latest patch and tournament news
- And much more!