When I was growing up, I had a silly dream of being a coach driver. Not a bus driver, but the likes of an airport coach or cross country coach. That dream never surfaced. Like with many wishful dreamers out there, some games offer us the chance to try our dream jobs in video game form, and here’s another off the checklist! Bus Simulator 16!
Bus Simulator 16 does exactly what it says on the advertising on the side of the bus. You pick your chosen bus from a selection of 6, and enjoy the career path of driving a bus around a virtual town, picking up citizens, charging them for their fare, and sticking to the rules of the road. Sounds easy, right? Well, that’s about it!
Developed by StillAlive Studios, Bus Simulator 16 will ask you “to maintain order inside the bus. Calm upset passengers, repair stuck doors, sell tickets correctly, and extend the ramp for wheel chair passengers in a timely manner. You will have to be efficient if you want to stick to your schedule, as it is only by doing this that you will build up your reputation in the city, earn the trust of your passengers, and most importantly, make money! The better your reputation, the larger the contracts you can secure, and the more buses will be available to your company in the shop. Unlock additional districts of the city and carefully plan routes for the employees you will acquire in the included job exchange.”
“As you grow more successful, you will also acquire more and more advertising banners for your buses, which bring in additional money. If your buses are too dull, you can paint and decorate them with unlockable decals, ensuring that your passengers reach their destinations in the coolest way possible.
You think bus drivers are lonely? Not in Bus Simulator 16! Invite your friends into your game in multiplayer mode and let them take over routes for you. The money they earn can be used to expand your shared company and thus perfect public transportation in your city.”
- 6 realistic buses: 2 door buses, 3 door buses, and articulated buses
- 2 MAN Lion’s City buses
- Gigantic freely accessible city with 5 authentic districts that you can unlock one by one, for a great open-world experience
- Plan your own routes and drive them yourself
- A multitude of pedestrians and vehicles with different behaviors bring the city alive
- Various challenging traffic situations (rush hour, mobile road works, demonstrations, emergency vehicles)
- Unforeseen situations such as stuck doors and special requests from your passengers constantly demand your attention
- Follow the traffic rules and stick to your schedule in order to unlock the various buses, districts, and missions
- Manage your company, hire drivers with various characteristics and skills, and optimize your routes and your profit
- Manage your bus company with your friends in multiplayer mode
- Customize your buses with different colors and decals
- Modding: Customize your buses and your city to suit your individual tastes, acquire new buses, and integrate them into the game
- Popular steering wheels and gamepads are supported
- With english Voice Overs