Ark Survival Evolved has received yet another update on the Xbox One, adding one of the most requested features, including new dinos and other critters to hunt or tame. The most important addition is the highly anticipated split screen feature, allowing you to play co-operatively with a friend on the same screen. The new dinosaurs include one of Jurassic Park’s favourites, the Gallimimus, as well as a Dimetrodon and Dung Beetle, which you can see in the trailers below.
The following additions were also added with the 233 patch:
- SWAT-style Assault Armor for all your raiding needs!
- Greenhouse structure pieces to aid survivors in growing crops
- The shockingly powerful Electric Prod easily capable of knocking you out.
- Deep-Sea Loot Crates: swim into the deep and discover the highly valuable loot that exists below
- Craftable Beer Kegs for making tasty brews, with various status enhancing effects, however the subsequent ‘hangover’ effects are not so pleasant!
- Loads of bug fixes, serious performance update (~15%), fixed memory leak
- Non-dedicated servers now support up to Eight survivors and 33% larger tether distance
Here’s a look at how split screen will look in Ark Survival Evolved on Xbox One now.
Ark Survival Evolved is still in Game Preview on Xbox One, since its release in December. The game will official launch this summer, also coming to PlayStation 4. Buy it now for £28/€35/$35 and get involved with an open world survival experience.